It has been such a busy weekend, I am not even sure where the time has gone. The weather has been great for the most part,especially with the rain holding off today. It allowed the girls time to go outside and play. Lily is getting to enjoy the new found fun of riding in the wagon with her big sister pulling her. This is also the first time that she has experienced the swing set in the backyard as well. She had so much fun going down the slide....she would just giggle and giggle. Olivia spent the day in her newly cleaned out play house reading books, playing school, and chatting with her animals. I was so surprised at how well her cursive writing is getting. The chalkboard was full of the proof today. She says that she enjoys writing that way so much more, "it's just easier mom!" she tells me! I love to watch her enjoy something that just months ago she was struggling with! We seem to have gotten so much accomplished, yet nothing at all. Isn't is amazing that life can happen that way? Our yard is all mowed and clear (until tomorrow anyway.) It was a family venture to team up and get everything picked up and hauled to the landfill. Even Olivia helped....she got to be in charge of the hauling. Gotta love that pint sized 4-wheeler! We even moved that HUGE pumpkin that I am going to decorate "somehow" I just don't know what that "somehow" is yet! The girls have their "smallest pumpkins in the world" and they have yet to put them down. Thank goodness for daddy and his gardening skills! With out them we would have been completely skunked this year for all the pumpkins. At least we have the two to show for it :) Olivia wants to decorate them later this week.We'll have to see if she can break away from her sidewalk chalk and all of her fabulous designs to make time for anything else. Thank goodness for Crayola's new HUGE chalk. What a super-duper invention.... it's takes them 10x longer to run out! I love to watch that little twinkle in her eye each time that she uses them. She's even been talking about her new chalk in her sleep!!! WOW! I guess that we have done a lot, just a dent in the long to-do list that I have left before winter. And to cap off all of that fun we had- we had to say bye to daddy again! Hopefully (fingers-crossed) he'll be home soon.











No comments:
Post a Comment